Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Know Better, But I Had Too.

This is a the hand that put me out of the PokerStars .50 tournament. A little background, before I go into the hand. I was up to 2,950 chips, I had been getting great starting cards like Ak suited and off suite a few pocket pairs in late position Queens, Jacks, Tens. I raised about three to four times the blind, I would still have the small and big blind call and sometimes the button. With the AK I never hit and I would do a continuation bet, would have callers or a re-raise so I would give up hand after that. With my pocket pairs I would do the same three to four times the blind, with the same result with the blinds or anyone how limped in. The flop would all ways have over cards I would do a continuation bet two or three would call, after that I figured they hit the over card I would check it down or fold to a bet. Now to get to the hand that I lost with and how bad I played that hand. You can watch the video below to see how I played the hand. Now I'm going to tell you how I should have played the had. I was first to act I had AQ suited (not that, that matters) what I should have done was push all-in or raised like I did. After the flop I checked when the guy bet 500 I knew he had a ten with a weak kicker. I should have folded or I should have typed in the chat I think I have you out kicked and than pushed all-in. But know I just called and than went all-in after the turn knowing that I was beat, played the hand like a poker donkey.

No comments: