Thursday, August 28, 2008

Full Tilt Poker pro is a multi accounting

brian townsend Team Cardrunners member and Full Tilt Poker pro Brian Townsend wrote in his blog last night that he has multiple accounts on both FTP and PokerStars.

On FTP, he says he has used the second name “Stellarnebula” for the last six months, while on PokerStars he has used the account “makersmark66″ instead of his original “aba22″ over the same time period.

Townsend wrote that he never used the two accounts at the same time. FTP has revoked his pro status for six months, while he said he does not know what will happen to him on PokerStars. He has also said he will be donating $25,000 to charity as penance.

According to his blog:

My first reaction when this occurred was to go hide under a rock. I am not going to do that and I will answer any questions that are asked of me. I feel that I have nothing to hide. If you wish to interview me on this subject please email ezra@cardrunners.com and we can set something up. I will also be answering questions in not only the CardRunners forum, but the 2+2 forum as well. I will not be hiding from anyone or any questions.

Those are the pertinent facts. The reason why I created these accounts was because I enjoy anonymity when playing smaller and am very prideful in what I do. The past two years I have made a lot of money playing poker. This year I have been breakeven. For me it’s correct to play smaller when things aren’t going well. I have never played poker for the money; it has always been a byproduct of my play. Whatever I do I want to be the best at it. For me playing the 200/400 PLO games was not the right thing to do because my results haven’t been good. I think I am a winner in those games and I intend to prove to myself that I am one of the best poker players in the world. I believe what it takes is an incredible amount of focus and work to accomplish this goal. I intend to work harder than anyone to prove this, because I have not been playing my best for the past year. I have something to prove to myself.

No comments: